Shipping Information & Requirements
- When you place an order, we will attempt to estimate shipping dates based on the availability of your different stair parts and/or current shipping option(s) and/or transit time. Please know that many stair parts show an approximate time from order to shipping. Any stair part shown with (2-3 days); usually shown behind the wood species or metal finish, SHOULD be a stocked item.
- Shipping rates for many products are based on weight and/or length. All stair parts with packages 8 feet or longer can ONLY be shipped via a LTL Common Carrier; we usually use FedEx Freight. FedEx Ground and UPS Ground do not ship longer items.
- Larger orders because of total size, weight or amount of packages may be more cost effective and/or safer to ship with a LTL Common Carrier; like FedEx Freight.
- Stair part orders are shipped from our manufacturing warehouses. We strive to package our stair parts to ensure the timeliness and safe arrival. However, occasionally unfortunate situations arise during shipping. StepUP Stair cannot be responsible for delayed, lost or damaged freight. As detailed below, please review our Customer's Shipping Requirements for shipping claims. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Customer's Shipping Requirements in order to claim shipping damage or missing packages:
- Receiving you packages from us through either FedEx or UPS Ground can be very different than by a LTL Common Carrier.
- Please follow closely the information below to help ensure your packages arrive safely; without signs of damage to your stair parts due to shipping damage.
- The guidelines below are critical to any possible claim you/we may be able to issue due to shipping damage! Based on the type of delivery; Ground or LTL Freight, the time to issue a claim and the procedure is different. Most important is when and how damage to shipping is noted and notified!
- For all GROUND deliveries including Next Day and 2nd Day Service:
- Know how many different package(s) you are supposed to receive based on the master tracking information provided through our delivery email. Inspect the packages delivered, including the amount of packages you are supposed to receive. Do this if you are signing for delivery at time of delivery! Ensure there is no signs of outside package damage that would have been occurred during shipping; tears, rips, gouges of packaging. If so; damage to your stair parts inside MAY have occurred inside; PLEASE READ ON!
- If you find physical signs of package(s) damage, take pictures of the outside container first before opening the package(s). Then open the package(s) where the damage is seen; be careful to maintain the packaging just in case the package(s) needs to be inspected by the shipper and/or returned.
- Inspect the stair parts inside that may have been damaged during shipping; if damage READ ON!
- Take the pictures of any damage products and please email them; both the outside and inside damage, to us. Please call us shortly afterward; during business hours, to ensure we received and/or to review next steps.
- We only ten (10) days to file a claim with the shipping company if missing packages or damage occurred and was due to shipping. We can not accept late notification from you; unfortunately these products because of a late claim cannot be refunded or return for any credit.
- For all LTL Freight deliveries:
- Requirements MUST be done AT TIME OF DELIVERY to ensure a claim for any damage or missing packages
- Damage package(s):
- Inspect all packages delivered that could be damaged on the "outside" of all master packaging. No need to inspect a full skid of each packaged items if the individual packaged boxes are not seen on the skid from the outside perimeter of the skid. Ensure there is no signs of package damage that would have been occurred during shipping; tears, rips, gouges of packaging. If so; damage to your stair parts inside MAY have occurred; PLEASE READ ON!
- If you find physical signs of package(s) damage, take pictures of the outside container first before opening the package. Then open the package(s) where the damage is seen; be careful to maintain the packaging just in case the package needs to be inspected by the shipper and/or returned.
- Inspect the stair parts inside that may have been damaged during shipping; if damage(s), take the pictures of any damage products READ ON CLOSELY!
- THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT TO FILE ANY CLAIM... Before signing the Bill of Lading (BOL) for the shipping company, document the issue(s) with the package(s) damaged and the stair parts damaged. Review this information with the driver and ask them to report possible claim with the shipper at time of the delivery; NOW! If not, ask them the procedures going forward; document procedures. DO NOT FILE THE CLAIM WITH THE SHIPPER; WE WILL DO THIS!
- Please email the pictures immediately to us; both the outside and inside damage. Please call us shortly afterward; during business hours, to ensure we received and/or to review the next steps.
- Missing package(s):
- Ensure that all packages shown on the Bill of Lading (BOL) for the shipping company are actually delivered. How do you do ensure you received them all? Here is how...
- Each "master" package should be shown on the BOL. For example, a skid with packages shrink-wrapped could be 1 item shown on the BOL as 1 SKID (SK). Next to this item on the BOL is shown how many smaller packages are contained inside the skid; for example, 20 pieces/cartons. Usually, you will have long packages; usually anything longer than 5 feet, listed separately on the BOL. Talley each line item and each line item's amount of packages "inside"; if any. Do this for each master item listed on the BOL.
- It is your responsibility as the receiver to ensure receipt of amount of packages shown on the Bill of Lading (BOL) BEFORE SIGNING. If you find you did NOT receive the amount of packages that the BOL shows, READ ON CLOSELY...
- THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT FOR US TO FILE A CLAIM... Before signing the Bill of Lading (BOL) from the shipping company, clearly document the issue(s) with the amount of package(s). Review this information with the driver and ask them to report possible claim with their company even before they leave. If not, ask them what they are doing to rectify; document what they have said and done.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE THE CLAIM; WE WILL DO THIS! Please email a complete picture or PDF of the Bill of Lading (BOL) immediately to us and any other information you may know concerning the missing stair parts and/or cartons from your order. Please call us shortly afterward; during business hours, to ensure we received and/or to review.